Brown Butter Espresso Toffee Blondies
prep 10 mins
cook 20 mins
total 30 mins
found by: ashley manila
yield 9″ pan
Thick and chewy brown butter blondies loaded with toffee and chocolate covered espresso beans!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (be sure not to pack your flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup toffee bits
- 1/2 cup espresso beans, chopped
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped into chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and spray parchment lightly with non-stick spray, set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Continue cooking butter, stirring frequently, until it’s a light amber color and smells slightly nutty. Remove from heat at once and cool for a few minutes before whisking in the brown sugar; beat until well combined. Add in the egg, beating until combined. Gently stir in the flour and cinnamon, and salt, being sure not to over mix. Fold in the toffee bits, espresso beans and chocolate.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the edges are firm and golden and the center is just slightly wobbly. Cool in pan for at least 15 minutes before cutting.
*Be sure not to over bake the blondies; they are ready when the center is just set. Over baking will lead to dry blondies. *For ultra thick blondies, bake them in a loaf pan. *This post contains affiliate links